Search Blog

Max’s Auto Wrecking Company

Max’s Auto Wrecking Company began in 1934. This business was located in the former Wisconsin Pearl Button Works building located at 726 3rd Street North just south of the La Crosse River.
(written by Anita Doering, Archives Staff) Max Bemel who moved to La Crosse from Winona, Minnesota, started Max’s Auto Wrecking Company in 1934.  This business was located in th… https://archives.lacrosselibrary.org/blog/maxs-auto-wrecking-company/

Road Trip to La Crosse...Through Time

Horse and buggy days were tough for long travel in La Crosse.
(by Anita Doering, Archives Staff) Horse and buggy days were tough for long travel in La Crosse. Distance that could be covered in a day was limited as was assistance for t… https://archives.lacrosselibrary.org/blog/road-trip-to-la-crosse...through-time/

Archives

2018