Volunteers & Internships
Are you interested in volunteering in the Archives Department? Are you a student looking for an internship or practicum experience?
- We are always accepting new volunteers!
- An interest in history is not required to volunteer in the Archives, but do realize that projects will deal with content that is historic in nature
- You must be of at least high school age
- Volunteers must be able to work in person at the La Crosse Public Library Archives during the Archives' regular hours
- Your schedule and the duration of your voluteer experience will be largely up to you, but voluteers are asked to establish and maintain a regular schedule whenever possible
To find out more about volunteering, contact the La Crosse Public Library's Volunteer Manager (Myrna Paulson): (608) 789-7125
- Graduate students (or recent grads) working on a masters degree in Library Science, Public History, etc. with an interest or intention of pursuing a professional career in archival work are invited to perform an internship, practicum, or other for-credit experience at the La Crosse Public Library Archives
- Interested individuals must have already completed at least one semester of coursework and be able to demonstrate (at minimum) an introductory knowledge of archival theory and procedures
- Interns are encouraged to suggest and/or select the type of archival work to focus their internship on; the Archives will work with the intern to ensure any course/program criteria are met during the internship
- The schedule and the duration of the internship is largely up to the intern, but interns are asked to establish and maintain a regular schedule whenever possible
- Interns must be able to work in person at the La Crosse Public Library Archives during the Archives' regular hours
- Unfortunately, the Archives cannot pay interns for their work
To find out more about internships, etc., submit this form to the La Crosse Public Library Archives.