This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Inventory of the La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Probate Case Files, 1851-1876
La Crosse Series 066.Micro 031
Table of Contents
- Documents filed in the probate of estates on microfilm. Includes court orders, letters of administration, wills, and inventories of estates. This film was produced by the Genealogical Society of Utah which holds the master negatives.
- Collection Title
- La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Probate Case Files,
- Date of Materials
- Genealogy Society of Utah.
- Wisconsin. County Court (La Crosse County).
- Call Number
- La Crosse Series 066.Micro 031
- 0.6 cubic feet
- Physical Description
- 16 reels of 35mm positive microfilm
- Language of Materials
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Probate Case Files, La Crosse Series 66, Micro 31, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
The Register in Probate was responsible for filing and administering wills and probate cases in La Crosse County. La Crosse County was formed in 1851 from Crawford County.
Chronological by case number.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 February 23800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use. However, the microfilm may not be sold, duplicated, distributed, extracted or indexed without the permission of the FamilySearch (formerly known as the Family History Library or the Genealogical Society of Utah).
As per the Wisconsin Historical Society restrictions (thought to be based on agreements with Register of Deeds), hard copies for patrons must have the accompanying information on them: UNCERTIFIED COPY Not valid for certification purposes. It is illegal to make this document available to the public in electronic format.
(Accession No. 2015.017) On long-term loan from FamilySearch (Genealogical Society of Utah) paid for by the La Crosse Area Genealogical Society. GSU film numbers 1306005, 1306006, 1306007, 1306008, 1306009, 1306010, 1306011, 1306012, 1306013, 1305790, 1305791, 1305792, 1305793, 1305794, 1305795, 1305796
The microfilm was produced by the Genealogical Society of Utah in 1981, which holds the master negatives.
Processed by Anita Taylor Doering, February 2016, with help from Megan
Relates to La Crosse Series 065, Micro 030 La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Register in Probate Index, 1851-1981 and La Crosse Series 062, Micro 029 La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Records of Wills, 1866-1902
Controlled Access Headings
- La Crosse Area Genealogical Society (Wis.).
- Judical records
- Probate records
- Probate law and practice--Wisconsin--La Crosse County--Cases
- Public records--Wisconsin--La Crosse County
- Wills--Wisconsin--La Crosse County