This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Guide to the La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Register in Probate Index, 1851-1981
La Crosse Series 065.Micro 030
Table of Contents
- Card index to probate cases for La Crosse County, Wisconsin. Lists name, case number, and type of action such as probate of estate, termination of joint tenancy, filing of a will, or guardianship. This record indexes the "Probate Case Files" (La Crosse Series 066) and the "Record of Wills" (La Crosse Series 062). This film was produced by the Genealogical Society of Utah which holds the master negatives.
- Collection Title
- La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Register in Probate Index,
- Date of Materials
- Genealogy Society of Utah.
- Wisconsin. County Court (La Crosse County).
- Call Number
- La Crosse Series 065.Micro 030
- 0.4 cubic feet
- Physical Description
- 8 reels of 16mm positive microfilm
- Language of Materials
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Register in Probate Index, 1851-1981, La Crosse Series 65, Micro 30, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
The Register in Probate was responsible for filing and administering wills and probate cases in La Crosse County. La Crosse County was formed in 1851 from Crawford County.
Roughly alphabetical by first letter of last name.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 February 23800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use. However, the microfilm may not be sold, duplicated, distributed, extracted or indexed without the permission of the FamilySearch (formerly known as the Family History Library or the Genealogical Society of Utah).
As per the Wisconsin Historical Society restrictions (thought to be based on agreements with Register of Deeds), hard copies for patrons must have the accompanying information on them: UNCERTIFIED COPY Not valid for certification purposes. It is illegal to make this document available to the public in electronic format.
(Accession No. 2015.017) On long-term loan from FamilySearch (Genealogical Society of Utah) paid for by the La Crosse Area Genealogical Society. GSU film numbers 1308581, 1308582, 1308583, 1308584, 1308585, 1308586, 1308587, 1308588
The microfilm was produced by the Genealogical Society of Utah in 1981, which holds the master negatives.
Finding aid written by Anita Taylor Doering, February 2016, with help from Megan
Relates to La Crosse Series 066, Micro 031 La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Probate Case Files, 1851-1876 and La Crosse Series 062, Micro 029 La Crosse County, Wisconsin, Record of Wills, 1866-1902
Controlled Access Headings
- La Crosse Area Genealogical Society (Wis.).
- Judical records
- Probate records
- Probate law and practice--Wisconsin--La Crosse County--Cases
- Public records--Wisconsin--La Crosse County
- Wills--Wisconsin--La Crosse County
Last names A-Cin
Last names Cin-Goe
Last names Goe-John
Last names John-Maz
Last names Maz-Pie
Last names Pie-Smi
Last names Smi-Wil
Last names Wil-Z