This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Edward I. Tabbert Papers, circa 1960s
MISC MSS 318
Table of Contents
- Materials include a resolution from the La Crosse County Board on Tabbert's retirement in 1968, two signed letters from Richard Nixon as vice president of the United States (1960), and one signed letter from John F. Kennedy as Senator of Massachusetts (1960). Photographs (16) are largely of Chief Ed Tabbert, the county highway police force, and county law enforcement vehicles, mainly from the late 1950s/1960s. Tabbert was the chief of La Crosse County highway police, 1952-1968, and was paritally responsible for establishing safe transporation routes for the presidential candidates who visited La Crosse for the 1960 election.
- Collection Title
- Edward I. Tabbert Papers
- Date of Materials
- circa 1960s
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 318
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- MISC 64
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], Edward I. Tabbert Papers, MISC MSS 318, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 August800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
(Accession number 2016.068) Donated by Ed Tabbert's daughter Rita Tabbert,
Controlled Access Headings
- La Crosse County (Wis.). Highway Police.
- Tabbert, Edward I., 1907-1985
- Tabbert, Rita
- Traffic police--Wisconsin--La Crosse County
These materials have been digitized.