This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Charles Reinhard Correspondence, 1905-1936
MISC MSS 278
- Correspondence written to Charles Reinhard, a La Crosse resident from Sandusky, Ohio, who was in the wine business. He purchased a farm of 34 acres in Ebner Coulee, an area in La Crosse, Wis., in 1909 complete with fruit trees. By 1936, Reinhard had built or was using a press house, a two-storey house and summer kitchen in his winery. Reinhard's son Carl was a foreman at La Crosse Floral. This correspondence was found in the house at 3539 Ebner Coulee Road.
- Collection Title
- Charles Reinhard Correspondence
- Date of Materials
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 278
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- MISC 59
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], Charles Reinhard Correspondence, MISC MSS 278, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2014 August800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
(Accession no. 2012.053) Donated by Rachel and Cam Gundersen, owners of the home at 3539 Ebner Coulee Road, in 2012
Processed by Anita Taylor Doering, August 2014
Controlled Access Headings
- Gundersen, Cameron
- Gundersen, Rachel
- Reinhard, Charles
- Viticulture--Wisconsin--19th century
- Wine and wine making--Wisconsin