Genealogy Database Requests
Copies of full articles from the citiations in the genealogy database can be requested.
- Requests will be processed in the order received, and as staff time permits.
To request copies:
1. Prepare Your List
- For each request, include the person's name, date the article appeared in the newspaper, newspaper name and page number. A print-out of your search results page (sorted by report date) works well for this.
2. Prepare Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope(s)
- For orders of five requests or less, include a self-addressed standard business envelope (defined as #10 or with dimensions of 4 1/8" x 9 1/2"), affixed with 75 cents postage. International orders should include an additional $2.50 in U. S. funds to cover postage.
- For orders of more than five requests, include a 10” x 13” self-addressed envelope affixed with $3.00 postage. International orders should include an additional $7.50 in U. S. funds to cover postage. If you have a really big order (over 50), then providing us with a self-addressed, stamped priority mail envelope is probably your cheapest option.
- If you are residing in the state of Wisconsin, the cost is 25 cents per request.
- If you are located out-of-state or international, the cost is $1 per request.
- Please include a check or money order in U. S. funds, payable to the La Crosse Public Library.
- We cannot accept credit card payments.
- Feel free to add a donation if you wish. Your added donations are genuinely appreciated and help to preserve our local history materials and enhance our resources.
4. Send orders to:
La Crosse Public Library
Archives & Local History
800 Main Street
La Crosse, WI 54601-4122