This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Guide to the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine (La Crosse, Wis.), Peace Vigil Program, ca.1955
MISC MSS 312
Table of Contents
- Peace vigil program for the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine at St. Dominic's Monastery in La Crosse, WI. Program includes history of "The Fatima Story," and prayers to be said during each month and various occasions.
- Collection Title
- Our Lady of Fatima Shrine (La Crosse, Wis.), Peace Vigil Program
- Date of Materials
- circa 1955
- Ferron, Joseph B., Rev.
- St. Dominic's Monastery (La Crosse, Wis.).
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 312
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- MISC 63
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
Our Lady of Fatima Shrine (La Crosse, Wis.) Peace Vigil Program, MISC MSS 312, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
Originating in southwestern France during the 13th century, the Dominican sect immigrated to the United States in the late 19th century founding their first St. Dominic's Monastery in the United States in 1880 in Newark, New Jersey. A portion of the nuns of this sect went on to settle in La Crosse, Wis., in 1909 in order to take up teaching or nursing. La Crosse, Wis., then became the second site of St. Dominic's Monastery. Due to inadequate chaplain services in the 1970s, the group moved to Washington, D.C. in order to be closer to their Dominican Friars at the House of Studies. After being located in Washington, D.C. for 22 years, the group then moved to their now permanent location on June 24, 2008, in Linden, Vir.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 May800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
Controlled Access Headings
- Our Lady Of Fatima Shrine.
- Catholic Church--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Shrines--Wisconsin--La Crosse