This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Guide to the La Crosse, Wisconsin, Committee on Finance, Resolutions and Reports Relating to Finance, 1858-1932
La Crosse Series 026
Table of Contents
- Resolutions and reports from the Committee on Finance of the Common Council, 1858-1932. The materials are arranged in chronological order. The reports are mostly budget requests and financial reports prepared for Council.
- Collection Title
- La Crosse, Wisconsin, Committee on Finance, Resolutions and Reports Relating to Finance
- Date of Materials
- La Crosse (Wis.). Committee on Finance.
- Call Number
- La Crosse Series 026
- 6.0 cubic feet
- Physical Description
- 15 archives boxes
- Language of Materials
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], La Crosse, Wisconsin, Committee on Finance, Resolutions and Reports Relating to Finance, La Crosse Series 026, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
Scope and Contents
Common Council resolutions and reports began to be organized by a numbering system in Dec. 1932. Before that time the resolutions were kept folded up in chronological order, roughly by subject or Council committee (such as Parks, Judiciary, Fire, Police, etc.). This set of pre-1932 resolutions represents those labelled as Finance, and date from 1858-1932. The original order of these reports was maintained.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 1998 October800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
(Accession no. 1996.004) Resolutions were located in the City Clerk’s basement area of City Hall; came to the Archives as part of the Mayor’s Special Committee on Historic Records, Dec. 1996
Processed by Anita Taylor Doering with assistance from Jaime Dechant, October 1998
Controlled Access Headings
- La Crosse (Wis.). Common Council.
- Finance, Public--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Municipal government--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Public records--Wisconsin--La Crosse