This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
U. S. Marine Corps Discharge Papers of Pvt. Jessie Rae Erickson and Corp. Lester L. Biggerstaff, 1945
MISC MSS 275
Table of Contents
- World War II discharge papers (1945) from the United States Marine Corps of Pvt. Jessie Rae Erickson and Corp. Lester L. Biggerstaff including original leather cases for both, negative film images of discharge papers for Lester, and a Norfolk Naval Base identification button (pin back) for Jessie.
- Collection Title
- U. S. Marine Corps Discharge Papers of Pvt. Jessie Rae Erickson and Corp. Lester L. Biggerstaff
- Date of Materials
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 275
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Physical Description
- 1 folder
- Language of Materials
- MISC 59
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], U. S. Marine Corps Discharge Papers of Jessie Rae Erickson and Lester L. Biggerstaff, MISC MSS 275, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
A native of Mindoro, Wisconsin, Jessie Rae Erickson (1914-1992) served in the U. S. Marine Corps during World War II. Following the war, she settled in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and married Lester L. Biggerstaff.
A native of Nebraska, Lester L. Biggerstaff (1920-1967) served in the U. S. Marine Corps during World War II and settled in La Crosse after his discharge in 1945. He married Jessie Rae Erickson.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2014 March800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
Donated by Gary M. Olson, March 7, 2014 (Accession no. 2014.042)
Processed by Anita Taylor Doering, March 2014
Controlled Access Headings
- United States. Marine Corps.
- Biggerstaff, Jessie Rae Erickson, 1914-1992
- Biggerstaff, Lester L., 1920-1967
- Olson, Gary M.
- World War, 1939-1945--Military personnel