This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
C. C. Washburn's War Behind the Lines, 1862-1865, 2004
MISC MSS 198
Table of Contents
- "C. C. Washburn's War Behind the Lines, 1862-1865" paper, written by Kerck Kelsey in 2004. The paper is based on Cadwallader Washburn's correspondence with his brother, Elihu, between January of 1862 and May of 1865. Washburn served as a general during the Civil War.
- Collection Title
- C. C. Washburn's War Behind the Lines, 1862-1865
- Date of Materials
- Kelsey, Kerck
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 198
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], C. C. Washburn's War Behind the Lines, 1862-1865, MISC MSS 198, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
Kerck Kelsey is a direct descendant of Cadwallader Washburn, a trustee of the Washburn-Norlands Living History Center in Livermore, Maine, and a frequent lecturer on topics involving the Washburn family.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2013 July800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
Accession no. 2005.049
Controlled Access Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military personnel
- Washburn, C. C., (Cadwallader Colden), 1818-1882
- Washburn, Elihu Benjamin, 1816-1887