This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Copy of "A Pioneer Story" of Agnethe Thompson by Frances Sjuggerud, Mildred Holter, and Thomas Johnson of Holmen, Wisconsin
MISC MSS 293
- Copy of "A Pioneer Story" by Frances Sjuggerud, a sixteen year old high school student from Holmen, Wisconsin, and written between 1936-1939. Sjuggerud's writing is a brief biography of her neighbor Agnethe (Fixen) Thompson, born October 29, 1863, in Gulbeunsdahrn, Norway. This typed transcript forms part of the U. S. Works Progress Administration, Federal Writers' Project. The original transcript is housed as part of the Library of Congress' Folklore Project, Life Histories, 1936-1939.
- Collection Title
- A Pioneer Story of Agnethe Thompson by Frances Sjuggerud, Mildred Holter, and Thomas Johnson of Holmen, Wisconsin
- Date of Materials
- circa 1936-1939
- Johnson, Thomas
- Mildred Holter
- Sjuggerud, Frances
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 293
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- MISC 63
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], A Pioneer Story of Agnethe Thompson by Frances Sjuggerud of Holmen, Wisconsin, MISC MSS293, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 March800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
Existence and Location of Originals note
The original is held by the Library of Congress and is a part of the Folklore Project, Life Histories, 1936-1939
Controlled Access Headings
- Federal Writers' Project.
- Oral histories
- Holmen (Wis.)--History
- Thompson, Agnethe (Fixen), 1863-1934
- Emigration and immigration--Norwegian--Wisconsin--Holmen
- Norwegian Americans--Wisconsin--Holmen