This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Guide to the Stanley L. Sims Papers, circa 1972-1973
Table of Contents
- Sims was employed as Administrator of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital from 1938 to 1971. Lutheran Hospital is now called Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center. The papers contain an expanded version of Sims’ book, the History of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital and copy positives of the photographs used in the book.
- Collection Title
- Stanley L. Sims Papers
- Date of Materials
- circa 1972-1973
- Sims, Stanley L., d. 2003
- Call Number
- MSS Q
- 1.6 cubic feet
- Physical Description
- 3 bound volumes, 5 archives boxes
- Language of Materials
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], Stanley L. Sims Papers, MSS Q, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
Stanley Sims was a former administrator of Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., from 1938-1971. He died in 2003.
Scope and Contents
The Stanley Sims papers consist exclusively of information about the history of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital. The materials available include three bound volumes of text which became the basis of his book, The History of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital, which was published in 1981. Nearly five hundred photographs complement the text. The photographs are all copy positives of photographs obtained from a variety of sources. Each photo mentioned in the text is numbered with the photographs arranged by number for easy retrieval. Two listings of the photographs are included. The first supplies partial captions of some of the photos, while the second, created by La Crosse Public Library staff, gives a complete caption for every photograph. Both lists are arranged numerically. Additional information available includes lists of approved biographies and of photographs of doctors on staff, as well as some newspaper clippings and other miscellaneous items.
La Crosse Public Library Archives 1986 August800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
Accession No. 1986.004
Processed by Amy Groskopf, August 1986
- (362.11 SI58L 1981)
- La Crosse Lutheran Hospital, A History: 1899-1979, by Stanley L. Sims
Controlled Access Headings
- La Crosse Lutheran Hospital (La Crosse, Wis.).
- Sims, Stanley L., d. 2003
- Hospitals--Wisconsin--La Crosse
History of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital
List of photographs
List of photographs with complete captions
List of approved biographies from doctors
List of photographs obtained from medical staff