This is a finding aid (or, description) of materials available in the La Crosse Public Library Archives. At this time, none of the materials listed below are accessible over the internet.
Contact the Archives to learn more about using these materials.
Preview Kit "House of Weather Magic, May 1954" by Trane Company
MISC MSS 286
Table of Contents
- A preview kit of the Research and Testing Laboratory of the Trane Company called "House of Weather Magic" intended for the media. Materials within the kit include a brochure on the lab, press releases dubbed 'Industrial News,' biographical information on Robert LeBaron, and general news and promotional photographs. At the time of the dedication in May 1954, Robert LeBaron was serving as President Dwight D. Eisenhower's top military advisor on atomic energy and promoted the use of atomic energy for peacetime use. Other than a portrait photo of LeBaron, the 12 photographs feature a Trane scientist and several members of the general public, many of whom are children at seven different exhibits.
- Collection Title
- Preview Kit "House of Weather Magic" by Trane Company
- Date of Materials
- Trane Company.
- Call Number
- MISC MSS 286
- 0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Language of Materials
- MISC 62
- La Crosse Public Library Archives
[Identification of item], Preview Kit "House of Weather Magic," MISC MSS 286, La Crosse Public Library Archives, La Crosse, WI
La Crosse Public Library Archives 2016 March800 Main St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601
Access to Materials
Materials in this collection are available for patron use.
(Accession number 2014.057) Purchased for $4 from the auction of the Robert Selbrede Estate, 2014 September 12
Clipping file: Industries--Trane Company
Controlled Access Headings
- LeBaron, Robert
- Selbrede, Robert H., 1927-2014
- Air conditioning industry--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Air conditioning--Research
- Heat exchangers--Research
- Heating and ventilation industry--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Manufacturing industries--Wisconsin--La Crosse
- Nuclear energy
Some material in this collection also available in electronic format.